Who We Are
At Skyonic, we believe that clean air and economic growth are not mutually exclusive.
We celebrated the Grand Opening of Capitol SkyMine, the world’s first carbon capture and utilization facility on October 21st in San Antonio. Watch some highlights and see what others have to say.
- Read the Department of Energy’s press release.
- Read about Capitol SkyMine and the October 21st Grand Opening in the NY Times.
- Listen to a story from Life on Earth.
Watch a great video from Scientific American about how we turn a profit from CO2 emissions.
And watch here for Congressman Barton and Dr. Friedmann of the Department of Energy discussing Skyonic in a hearing before the House Energy and Commerce Committee in February.
- Skyonic has been named to the Global Cleantech 100, for 2012, 2013, and 2014.
- Our investors and partners are as excited as we are. See what Enbridge, ConocoPhillips, and Cenovus have to say about working with us.
- Read a great article in Bloomberg about Skyonic.
- See what Skyonic has to say about the proposed EPA rules; also read an interesting take on them here.
- Read about our recent funding to develop SkyCycle™ and support our international growth. See related articles in VentureWire and the Austin Business Journal.
- Skyonic is proud to be among the North America Red Herring 100.
- Read a great article on Skyonic and our SkyMine and SkyCycle™ technologies in SmartPlanet.
- Skyonic is thrilled to be among the recipients of CCEMC’s Grand Challenge: Innovative Carbon Uses. We’ll be using the funding to further develop SkyCycle™. Read more in our press release.
- We’re happy to be recognized by The Energy Collective as a way to use carbon dioxide as a resource and by Austin Monthly as one of Austin’s Bright Ideas.
- Pollution is everyone’s problem. See what’s drifting towards the US.
- Read about Skyonic and Capitol SkyMine on the Cleantech Blog, and read an interesting article about oil production (and HCl demand) in Texas.
- Skyonic breaks ground on our first commercial plant. Read about the Groundbreaking at Capitol SkyMine.
- The Summary Report for the IPCC 5th Assessment is out: Committee finds with 95% certainty that climate change is manmade.
- Read a great article about Skyonic and Cenovus Energy in October’s Oil Sands Review.
- Skyonic is hiring! Check out our job opportunities.
- Skyonic awards $117 million construction contract to Toyo-Thai-USA. Read our press release.
- Skyonic announced $128 million in funding. Read our press release and read about it on Bloomberg.
- Joe Jones recently spoke at the Western Energy Summit in Calgary. Read a great write-up here.
- Read about Skyonic in the Financial Times, Ars Technica, Energy Daily, and Fast Company.
- Follow Skyonic on Facebook or Twitter
- DOE calls Skyonic “a potential replacement for existing scrubber technology.”